Sunday, April 27, 2008

2008 Runner's Results

I forgot what it felt like to cross the finish line of the half-marathon. My body was pretty much in intense pain by about mile 11 and remained in pain until I finished, but I was incredibly happy. It's the paradox of long-distance running. But it was worth the personal victory: I shaved off almost 8 minutes from last year's time. Cool!

The weather was spectacular, despite the frequent rain puddles along the way. It may have been a little too great, however, because soon after I stopped running my body temperature seemed to drop dramatically and my lips turned blue. Ben and Katie pulled off their top layers to give me and other friends were searching around for towels that hadn't been drenched in sweat. It was a special moment.

Yay for 2008!

3 comments:

Ben said...

you were wonderful

Xmwjdjdj said...

congrats, that's impressive.

Unknown said...

if by special, you mean now more prone to hypothermia! :) ha. It was an impressive running time.

the blog is now set-up, too. I'd love for you to check it out sometime, although it's VERY random, I must warn you.
http://kharris.wordpress.com