Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thoughts By My Mom

Reading your blog reminded me of listening to a radio cast sometime before Christmas when the speaker was encouraging listeners to spend more time focusing on Christ and less time focusing on daily routines such as driving kids to soccer, buying groceries, etc. I began thinking about what he said and strongly disagreed. Christ has put us in a place where we sometimes MUST drive kids to soccer and buy groceries. Why can’t we carry out our daily mundane schedules and glorify Christ through at the same time - through them? I think I understand what the speaker was attempting to say, but he said it in the wrong way. And we know that the right thing done in the wrong way……G. K. Chesterton once said, “The more extraordinary think in the world is an ordinary man and his ordinary wife and their ordinary children.” I would add, “doing ordinary things.” Your daily post was a reminder that our choices can definitely be “all about me”, but others, such as driving kids to soccer practice, are worthy activities that can glorify Christ. Drink that great coffee and may we all continue to be reminded that if we had all the answers and did everything in the right way, he never would have needed to step out of heaven and do what he did for us.

Love, Mom

1 comment:

Xmwjdjdj said...

I'll give two thumbs up and also encourage you to drink coffee.