Monday, February 25, 2008

Great Aunt Tina and Country Music

I think I may be behind the times, because I've stumbled upon many a blog (by way of keyword searches through Google) that have already been exhausted, including one of my own that I started back in '06 when I went to China. This was back when purple was my favorite color -- oh, so long ago, when I was young.

So I guess I've started dancing now that the party is over.

But it's okay -- I've sort of always bloomed a little later than anyone else. My mom still reminds me that I'll appreciate it one day. I'm 22 and I suppose I've begun to listen. Once you hit your 20s, you start paying attention to the conversations at Christmas that have to do with Great Aunt Tina's cataracts. You know that Tina is your mom's dad's sister, and family members have always told you you have her laugh. Once you're in your twenties, you start wondering if you've inherited her cataracts, too. Or -- am I the only one who does this?

But I've decided that while I'm waiting for the arthritis to set in, I'll be enjoying the precious gift of agility. I'll be running the Country Music half-marathon -- 13.1 miles -- on April 26 (two days before I turn 23!). Over the next couple of months, I may have several entries expressing anxiety about how far behind in training I am. Research has shone that I'll get across that finish line in one piece. I experimented last year -- and it actually worked! So far, so good.

Ah, how glorious it will be when Spring is finally here. Sunshine on my face, wind at my back. (Please, oh, please, Spring! You warm my soul, and you are welcome here.)

1 comment:

Xmwjdjdj said...

You neglected to mention what your favorite color is now...I'm going to guess...um...salamander. Yeah, I bet thats it.