Friday, August 8, 2008

Cafetière


Recently I've been re-discovering the beauty of the French Press. Unlike the typical drip brewing mechanism (like my trusty Krups), the press (or coffee plunger, as it's referred to in some places) retains more of the natural flavor and essential oils of the coffee bean.

I used to brew coffee like this at the little Orthodox cafe I worked for a couple of summers ago. I forgot all about its charm until I discovered a dusty 8 oz. French Press coffee pot in our kitchen a few days ago. I'm actually not sure where it came from. I need to remember to ask Chelsea about that.

Along with French fries, French kissing, and the French horn, I'm delighted that the French had the sense to popularize something so wonderful.

1 comment:

thebeloved said...

Julie, you are so funny! Thanks for the coffee post. I'm going to add your blog link to mine.